Sunday 19 September 2010

Marxism - Blue pill and Red pill

Analysis of Youtube Blue pill and red pill clip


The scene I am anylising is from the movie 'Matrix' which instantly reminds me of the similar word 'Marxism' which could connote its meaning throughout this movie.
We are presented with middle aged white man welcomed by a tall black man. The sound of lightning and rain in the background as they speak connotes a dull and gloomy era to the scene. '' I imagine, that right now you feel abit like Alice.. tumbling down the rabbit hole?'' (taken from the narrative of Alice and the Wonderland) and '' do you believe in fate?''.. ''no because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life''. These two quotes are spoken by the two characters which instantly connote the idea of marxism and the idea of being in two different worlds. The young white man is offered two pills, one red and one blue as if he has been given a choice of which way he wants to live in.
He takes the red pill and the scene closes into darkness and the same era of gloomyness to give the audience a worried feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment